Image Map

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet Sisters

Check out this delightful group of girlies.  I met up with them at their grandparents' cabin and we had fun modeling their "first day of school" outfits.
Can you imagine what it would be like in this household?  I almost can, considering I grew up in a house of 3 girls and 1 boy.  But its been a while since then and now I'm extremely outnumbered by boys and I was just loving all these pretty, smiling faces
These last few were just so sweet, I couldn't leave them out.
I can still vaguely remember when I could play on the swings like this.  Remember when you were too small to get on by yourself and your feet could barely touch the ground when you'd lay across the seat?  Wow.  Those were fun times.  I miss that little kid stuff.  But not enough to trade what I have now.  I LOVE the life I'm living now.
I liked this one of all of them together too.  I love the way Big Sis is looking at the camera like she was "supposed to" while the rest of them were still figuring it out.  I remember so many times that I was asked to "just be the example" to my younger siblings.  Being the oldest came with needing a lot of patience to let the younger ones learn and there was a lot of pressure too.  Pressure to get it right while the rest were all watching.  There may have been times I resented that, but I'm so grateful for the way I turned out because of, or maybe in spite of, it.  You'll be fine too Ky.  I promise.
I think the thing I notice the most when I'm around these girls is the happiness that is always around.  They are not only sisters, but they're friends.  They play and laugh like they are truly happy when they are together.  That's so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment