Image Map

Friday, September 7, 2012

Mecham Family OUTAKES

I know this is one of the strangest "sneak peeks" you'll ever see... but as I sorted through the 1,000+ images from last night's big family session I couldn't help but love these a little extra.  There's just something about all the work and worry that clients put into a session, then all the anxiety during the whole thing as they hope and pray at least one photo will be usable, and when all is said and done there are oodles of great ones and a few gems like these.  The ones that make you giggle and remember how chaotic it was, but once you're past the session it all seems a lot more funny.

I say that from the client's point of view because I'm the only one that sees all the good that is getting captured.  I rarely leave a session dreading what I'll find when it's all on the screen at home.  Honestly, I think it has only happened once :)

So let's take a little trip down memory lane of last night's session with the Mecham family.


 You gotta love when the kids give you a little taste of how they really feel.

 And when they show their most delightful habits.  :)

 This family is a hoot!  
There was so much joking and laughter going all around... I could do this kind of session every day.

 One of the best parts was any time we tried to get all the little ones in front of the camera at the same time.  This one wouldn't be so bad if the oldest kiddo wasn't ticked because her head got moved out of the way of Grandma's face... haha!

 What I love about this one is these are the moments every mom remembers from a photo session.  Where you do all you can to make them look just perfect and adorable then the kids show who's really boss.  All mom and dad can really do at this point is look at the camera, smile, and pray.  
(Don't worry Jess, we got some great ones of everyone.)

 This one made me laugh because of all the adults that were NOT looking at the camera.  Hahaha!  
I calculate 23% of the group making eye contact with the camera, which is great when almost 65% of them are grown ups.

 This picture deserves a caption... not that it depicts what is actually going on, but I think you'll get what I'm saying.  
"Yeah, we were dang excited to find out we're expecting our own little munchkin, but now that I've been reminded what these kids are actually like, I don't think we're ready anymore."  
Don't worry Gen & Drew, the chaos makes it all so much more worth it!

 This was a great one.  We were just shooting mom and dad when the kids noticed what was going on and they wanted in on the action.  A couple of aunts were amazed at how "perfect" the girls were being, until they were both on the laps.  Then it just went crazy...  :)

 I couldn't help but wonder if Avery was trying to tell me something... or if it was for the group of screaming grown ups standing behind me acting like circus monkeys.
Speaking of circus monkeys...

 And then baby brother got harassed all night long.  Sorry Chase.

Like I said before, this family was a hoot.  I've known the girls for a while now and love how fun and sweet they are... and now that I have observed the entire family together I am sure the nonsense side comes from Dad.  At least that's what the pictures are saying.  Haha.  

You guys were all great!  I'm glad I could take your photos.  Your actual pictures will be blogged soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment